Knight Communications experience in OSP construction extends into the following areas:
Duct Bank Construction:
· cut, remove, and replace asphalt surfaces
· cut, remove and replace concrete surfaces
· install direct buried or concrete encased duct bank
· install directional bore conduits
· set manhole up to 38Y size
· core drill manhole for duct bank entry
· set manhole over existing utilities
· overbuild existing manhole
Building Entry Construction:
· core drill building exterior for duct bank entry
· install galvanized rigid, PVC, or EMT conduits
· install backboards and equipment racks
· install switch frames
· install overhead cable trays
Aerial Cable Installation:
· install aerial stand messenger
· install down guys and anchors
· lash and over-lash copper and fiber cable
- overhead building attachment and entry
Knight Communications installs low voltage copper and fiber optic cables of all sizes. We also have the ability to repair cut and damaged cables.
· For under ground or direct bury placement, copper with pair counts from 6 to 3600 and AWG sized from 19 to 26 gauge
· For aerial placement, copper with pair counts from 6 to 600 and AWG sized from 22 to 26 gauge
Coaxial Cable for under ground or aerial placement, cable sized up to 750.
· For under ground placement, fiber with strand counts starting at 6.
· For direct buried placement, armored fiber with strand counts starting at 6.
- For aerial placement, fiber with strand counts starting at 6.